Talk

Advanced search

Worlds worst cook here!

(6 Posts)
MrsL2012 Mon 08-Jun-15 17:32:46

Hi, my DS is 8.5 months and I need some help as to what meals I can make him that's easy and impossible to mess up? We're past purée and can manage on some toast and some carrot sticks etc.

Honestly I destroyed a pan while steaming his first veggies and ended up buying an electric steamer!

Thanks for any help!

squizita Tue 09-Jun-15 10:19:28

Avocado and banana you just mash together.
Wraps rolled up with cream cheese and sliced as finger food.
Yoghurt with soft fruit mashed together.
Unsalted tinned pulses (Asda sell them) rinsed and blended with a little milk/water and chicken (which you can get pre cooked off a deli, just take the skin off as it's salted).
Cheese on toast for finger food.
Steam white fish, flake it up (check for bones even if it is pre boned) and blend with plain yoghurt or milk and steamed veg/potato.

squizita Tue 09-Jun-15 10:20:15

... those blended ones are "lumpy" iyswim. grin

slug Tue 09-Jun-15 11:06:18

Asparagus. Easy for small hands to hold and easy to suck/gum to a green mush.

Be prepared for the results in the nappy afterwards though. Asparagus wee is quite whiffy.

MrsL2012 Tue 09-Jun-15 18:58:37

Thanks very much! grin

CurlsLDN Tue 09-Jun-15 19:35:00

Boil pasta, throw in frozen sweetcorn/peas/carrots/spinach to cook with the pasta.
Drain, add tuna (the kind in spring water, not brine) add a tin of chopped tomatoes and some grated cheese.
Great for little hands to practice picking up (my ds like pasta tubes best). Freeze the rest in little tupperware pots and defrost as needed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now