Talk

Advanced search

9mo suddenly gagging and getting upset

(2 Posts)
wallaceorgromit Tue 02-Jun-15 20:27:55

Weaning has been going really well with DS until this week. He has finger food and spoon fed stuff every meal. Spoon fed stuff was initially purees, but now lumpy stuff a lot of the time. He manages really well with pretty much everything, only had a couple of gagging incidences in the past and nothing recently until this week.

This week he has suddenly started gagging on finger foods, even things like bread and soft fruit. He is getting quite upset and refusing most finger foods and lumpy spoon fed stuff after the first couple of bites. He has had a cold, although he is over the worst of that now and still doing the gagging thing.

I'm not sure what to do. I was beginning to phase out purees, but not sure I want anymore of these mealtimes where he gets so upset. I'm worried it will create bad food associations.

Anyone been through something similar and have any advice?

taxi4ballet Tue 02-Jun-15 21:28:13

Has his nose been blocked with the cold? Perhaps if he is breathing through his mouth, he's having trouble breathing and trying to eat at the same time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now