Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me good blender for baby food

(11 Posts)
lupo5 Sat 23-May-15 16:34:57

Please I really need help. I need to buy blender but not sure which one is the best (and not to expensive) to blend baby's food. Can you advice me please. Thank you

BabyGanoush Sat 23-May-15 16:36:14

I always used a bog standard normal blender.

The same one I use for frozen margaritas grin

BabyGanoush Sat 23-May-15 16:37:57

Or a fork shock

They invent so much "baby stuff" you don't really need, imo

jerseygal78 Sat 23-May-15 16:41:07

Bog standard stick blender tho mine didn't really have blended food after the first week - baby led weaning was so much easier (tho could get messy at times!)

TheNumberfaker Sat 23-May-15 16:42:27

We just used a regular handheld blender to blend straight in the saucepan. You don't need a special one. If you're bothered about sterilising then just make sure it's dishwasher friendly.

lupo5 Sat 23-May-15 16:43:19

Thank you. It's true when you say that there are too many "baby stuff" ,they make me bit confused.
I will try our blender and fork. Thank you.

lupo5 Sat 23-May-15 16:45:59

I am so much interested in baby led weaning but ,admittedly,I am clueless about it. Wish someone could explain that to me.Thank you

ToniWol Tue 26-May-15 15:18:44

Lupo. I've just started BLW with my DD (she's just over 6 months) and we've just started straight onto the finger food stage. Mainly toast and veg/fruit so far (only been doing it for a week) but we've given her pasta and cheese as well.

Stellaroxy Mon 01-Jun-15 21:13:36

With DS1 I blended, blended, blended. DS2 arrived 15 months later and I've hardly blended a thing (7 months now). Fork mashed everything except under ripe mango and he's been fine. Partial BLW works for us by always giving DS something to handle/hold and feed himself with. The quantities of spoon feed reduce and the self feeding increases. DS will eat as much as he wants.

TwoLittleTerrors Tue 02-Jun-15 10:05:02

BLW is just giving whatever you are eating to your child. It's not about finger foods. Anything can be eaten with their hands. There are things they can't eat and the NHS has a list online. It's things like whole nuts, honey, etc.

Marie1260 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:46:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now