Talk

Advanced search

Trapped wind? Please help

(5 Posts)
JAS1982 Sat 09-May-15 05:27:42

Hi

I started weaning my ds at 5 months and all was going well. By 6 months was eating three meals a day really well and going through the night.

Oh how the last two weeks have changed. He now screams from around 3am each night with either his back arched or his knees to his tummy.

I know its the classic signs if trapped wind but don't understand why it would just start now. I have kept all his meal planners so can see its not something new.

Have cut out dairy for the last week and have also brought back the infacol and tummy massage.

Im honestly at my wits end and dread every night so any advice would be gratefully received.

He has been to drs who's advice was that he might be getting a cold.

The only thing I might try is to take him off hungry baby formula and put him on follow on milk. Could solids and hb be too much? But again, why would it just start.

Thanks
Jxx

CornishYarg Sat 09-May-15 08:21:52

I think 3 meals a day plus hungry baby milk is a lot for a 6 month old. No idea why it's just started though except maybe it's something that's built up over time so was OK initially. I would definitely try swapping the milk and/or cutting back a bit on the food.

JAS1982 Sat 09-May-15 08:33:34

Thanks. Im definitely trying swapping his milk back. When i say three meals a day they are by no means huge, banana for breakfast and a couple of ice cube size purees for lunch and dinner

Greenstone Sat 09-May-15 19:16:10

I have no advice but dd is the same, full of wind. Started weaning at 5 months and she's 6 months now and just starting with 3 very mini meals like yours. She's breastfed.
However she's been windy since birth pretty much and in her case I think it's simply a latch issue and probably something she'll have to grow out of.

maybe start an infant probiotic - these are great for gut health apparently and can't really hurt.

dicko1 Sat 09-May-15 20:22:32

My 8months does this when shes eaten to mich during the day x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now