Talk

Advanced search

9mo refusing food

(2 Posts)
hemmed1980 Mon 02-Feb-15 21:52:24

Hi. Wondering if you have any ideas on this. My ds is 9mo and is refusing anything except the bottle. It's not a taste thing as I can't even get that far. Any implement near his face sends him into hysterics, spoons, forks, syringes of calpol. He pushes things away, moves his head away, firmly shuts his month. He acts like I am I can't tell if its a control thing or if it's causing him pain. He is totally fine on bottles, and is putting on a decent amount of weight. He was never a bit drinker, but I think his quantities are normal now.

I don't want to go to the health visitor as I feel like they will just tell me off for being too indulgent (my SIL already makes me feel pathetic over this, My MIL and mum both tried food to no joy). I've tried a bit of BLW, but he just plays with the food, there is zero association with getting it into his mouth. He grabs stuff off my plate, but only to play with.

As you can tell, I'm a bit stressed. I'm back at work now to make things worse. Any ideas/opinions?

Pointlessfan Mon 02-Feb-15 21:56:55

I would stick with the BLW. We have done that with DD who is 10 months. She often plays with food for a while before tasting it and will then eat quite a bit, especially if she can see us eating the same thing. Be patient, meals in our house sometimes take 45 mins to an hour and don't make a big deal of it when he doesn't eat, just try again at the next meal. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: