Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 month old and no teeth- what to feed

(8 Posts)
moomin35 Fri 09-Jan-15 07:50:14

Can anyone help me?! My 7 month old has no teeth and I don't know what I should be feeding him. This is what he's tried so far: banana, papaya, Apple and pear, sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, avocado, baby rice, brocolli and cauliflower...

dementedpixie Fri 09-Jan-15 07:53:15

He can have most things even with no teeth as their gums are hard. Just avoid whole nuts, honey, high salt/sugar foods. He can have finger foods too and meats, breads, pasta, dairy, etc

LooksLikeImStuckHere Fri 09-Jan-15 07:53:18

Their gums are really tough, DS had no teeth until ten months and he was fine with most food (so long as he liked it!).

Maybe try some toast, breadsticks, rice cakes?

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 09-Jan-15 07:53:37

To be honest he can try most things, their gums are pretty hard! DD only had 2 bottom teeth until 10 months and it didn't stop us feeding her anything.

BikeRunSki Fri 09-Jan-15 07:57:17

Anything that babirs are allowed! Their gums are very hard. I BLW DS from 6 months and he didn't have any teeth until a week before his first birthday. I started blw when he grabbed a bit of tuna baguette and managed to chew on it.

angelopal Fri 09-Jan-15 08:33:02

My 10 month does not have teeth yet but will have a good chew on most things.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 09-Jan-15 08:40:25

Most things. DD used to havr omelette fingers, strips of chicken or beef, yorkshire puddings, most veg (baby corn was a good one, and things like brocoli, with a handle), mushy stuff was just in a bowl for her to shmoosh her hands in and lick the food off grin

PuppyMummy Sat 10-Jan-15 17:31:01

mine is 7 months with no teeth and eats all sorts!

he likes bread (small bits as need to watch salt) he has a roast dinner minus stuffing and gravy. all types of veg.
he also likes bread sticks and rice cakes.
you'll be suprised what they can manage to munch on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now