Talk

Advanced search

10 month old not interested in food

(7 Posts)
zinher Sat 20-Dec-14 15:01:10

My 10 month old shows no interest in food. I tried purees initially but she would be really resistant. Then I went down finger foods and bLW. She will take a bite of two but then spit that out too. Rest of the food ends up on The floor or in her hair. She is still breastfed on demand and b feeds almost 5-6 times a day and twice in the night. I want to cut back on the day feeds but she isn't eating at all so am worried about her weight.

Any help?

cuppateaandtoast Sat 20-Dec-14 15:12:25

I was in a similar position with ds2 who eventually started to eat better at about the stage you are now. He was very skinny so i worried too and ended up feeding him all night etc.
I think persevere with lots of sdifferent finger foods and try to remain relaxed. Pasta penne was a big breakthrough for us as he loved it. And oven chips .
I expect you have tried those already?
My ds still isnt a very good eater and still skinny. But hes improved a bit over time (now nearly 3)

cuppateaandtoast Sat 20-Dec-14 15:15:09

Also i should add that my older ds took to solids no probs at 6 months. So i dont think its anythibg you do or dont do. Just your little ones personality and taking her time with it

zinher Sat 20-Dec-14 15:53:18

I have been making her potato wedges and oven chips. Different Vegas, fruits, cookies too. Will try the pasta. She is quite skinny so I feel more anxious about her food intake.

cuppateaandtoast Sat 20-Dec-14 16:28:23

Probably not much more i can say to advise. Other than to say we.were there and he did take to food better over time. Up until 9 months he just was not interested at all. Maybe try the pasta. Soft boiled carrots? Baby friendly crisps they like to chew on? Mine liked sticks of cucumber cos they felt nice on teeth i think

cuppateaandtoast Sat 20-Dec-14 16:28:57

Is your hv worried about it?

zinher Sat 20-Dec-14 20:26:59

Health visitor is happy with weight gain. She just said to try to gradually reduce milk feeds but I don't know how

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now