Talk

Advanced search

Weight gain during blw?

(7 Posts)
ARandomFridayIn2012 Tue 16-Dec-14 08:50:21

DS is 7.5 months, been blw for 6 weeks and he's taken to it like a champ. He still bf 5 times in 24 hours and since starting weaning has gained 2lbs. It has taken him from just under 75th centile to just over, will I get moaned at during his 9 month review? He is regulating everything himself so I don't see how they can?

HV here moaned about DS1 moving up the centiles previously so this time round we haven't really bothered with the weigh clinics

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Tue 16-Dec-14 09:14:21

Don't take him or don't listen if you go,if you think he is fine.
I went to the 1year review we don't have a 9 month one, and they didn't weigh him as he was running around.

ARandomFridayIn2012 Tue 16-Dec-14 09:30:30

I got my own baby scales this time as couldn't be bothered with listening to their "advice" at clinic but the things like the 9 month review I can't really get out of!

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Tue 16-Dec-14 11:10:56

A slight variation shouldn't cause alarm bells, so I would just smile an nod. My hv has learned to leave me alone as even as a first time mum, apparently "I seem to know what I'm doing." Which is always good.
Your baby doesn't sound seriously under or overweight, you seem happy with the progress. What do you think they will do?

ARandomFridayIn2012 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:18:34

I don think they will do anything, just find it irritating to listen to advice from some of the HV there who have no kids their own and haven't kept up to date with blw, and also give rubbish bf advice!

They moaned about DS1 as he was born 25th centile and has now tracked 99th for a quite a while (he is also 99th for height), perfectly in proportion, no chub left since he started walking. He's 20 months and wears age 2-3 clothes. Both my boys are big and tall and I guess should just tell be HCP's here that they were wrong last time with DS1! shock

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Tue 16-Dec-14 22:00:00

I must have a good fuck off face as my hv hasn't seen me since he was 5 months. I was requested to go in and duly went as I hadn't been in since he was 2 weeks.
She held ds so I could fill in form which seemed a ruse for some surreptitious baby checks and he screamed muuuuuum so I took him back. I've never seen her again, I had a random at his 1 year check and they haven't contacted me again.

ARandomFridayIn2012 Wed 17-Dec-14 04:19:45

I must practice my fuck off face more! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now