Talk

Advanced search

What does your 18 mo eat at nursery?

(8 Posts)
LindsayS79 Sun 14-Dec-14 16:14:12

Hi all
I've got a very lazy DD who would rather be spoonfed chunky meals than eat normally. I'm slowly getting her into things like baked potatoes and chicken goujons, quorn sausage etc. however it can be a real battle with her being so easily distracted or just having a few bites then giving up.
I give her nursery things to make like toasties/sandwiches but they never seem to manage to get it down her and resort to the other foods I pack like lentil stew etc. Does anyone else have a fussy 18 mo like this? It's really getting me down that she's behind and worried that she'll still be eating baby food in the over 2 room this summer!!!

Artandco Sun 14-Dec-14 18:13:22

Can she not just have the lentil stew but feed it to herself?

Mine have never been a fan of bread/ sandwiches etc. But would attempt to feed self lentil stew for example from 7/8 months

LindsayS79 Sun 14-Dec-14 21:24:34

She's actually starting to self feed but gets a bit distracted halfway through!! What did you feed your LOs if they didn't like sandwiches etc?

callamia Sun 14-Dec-14 21:33:37

I think self-feeding and then getting distracted is normal enough. My DS is a little bit younger, but likes fruit bread, cheese biscuits - but still mainly pots of stew etc. to be honest, so do I... Sandwiches were never my favourite either. Apparently he self-feeds at nursery, but only half-and-half at home.

LindsayS79 Sun 14-Dec-14 21:38:35

Thanks so much. That's funny, she's exactly the same!! I find it hard to believe that she does it well in nursery!! I'm glad to hear there are other babies out there who don't like sandwiches, I've been getting myself worked up that she's behind

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sun 14-Dec-14 21:40:06

What happens if you just give the filling of a sandwich and not the bread? As in pot with chicken/ham/cheese or try cold pasta with pesto or a sauce on it. With cut up veg on the side or a couple of breadsticks.
That's what my ds eats at home if he's gone off sandwiches for a bit. He's 16 months.

Artandco Sun 14-Dec-14 21:58:56

Mine ate baked potatoes/ soup/ omelettes/ leftover dinner for lunch ( and still do), with whatever's in fridge. So mushroom and ham omlette, with avocado and cherry tomatoes is what we had yesterday.

Dinner is just any meal. Fish/ meat/ with veg and carbs in some combination.

If she's eating herself at nursery them I would assume she can at home also.

LindsayS79 Mon 15-Dec-14 11:11:13

Thanks all, they're good suggestions. She's going through a really fussy stage at the moment so I'm finding it difficult to make things. I usually batch cook and the spag bol and cod chowder she used to love is being spat out.. The joys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now