Talk

Advanced search

Snack ideas for a 6 month old

(8 Posts)
Flingmoo Fri 12-Dec-14 14:09:06

Finger foods or otherwise. Ideally carbs, dairy and protein as he is a bit slow with his weight gain, although very active and very hungry for solids (less interested in milk now) So I am introducing snacks inbetween meal times.

So far I've got:
- Ricecakes
- soldiers of toast (means I have to have some toast too though, as he wouldn't eat a whole slice!)
- slices of cheddar cheese
- baby nibbly wafer thingies

Banana would be good although he wouldn't eat a whole one as a snack and I'm not too fond of them myself.

Thanks!

strawberryshoes Fri 12-Dec-14 14:14:24

Bread sticks, raisins, porridge fingers (thick porridge baked briefly to solidify), cheese straws...

Littlef00t Fri 12-Dec-14 20:30:17

Hummus on toast
Pieces of chicken
Blueberries, Grapes, pear etc
Flapjack or bought baby cereal bars
Yoghurt
Savoury muffins (google recipe, can be frozen)

Eminybob Mon 15-Dec-14 07:16:04

Cut your banana into sticks and freeze them, then you just need to get out enough for one portion.

applecatchers36 Mon 15-Dec-14 07:25:34

Soft cheese triangles
Cut up pieces of cucumber, tomato, avocado
Potato wedges
Cut up bits of sausage ( frankfurters are good softer than regular sausage)

StarDustMonkey Mon 15-Dec-14 09:08:27

marking my place

Jeffery Mon 15-Dec-14 09:49:19

When did was 6 months I did baked apple with cinnamon.
Cut apple into fist sizes wedges, sprinkle on ciinnamon and bake till soft. She loved them! Now she's 10 months she just eats regular apple.

Crackers spread with cheese, hummous, or nut butters.

Flingmoo Tue 16-Dec-14 16:41:31

Thank you - these are all good suggestions smile I gave him some peeled grapes yesterday which he took AGES chewing (has no teeth yet) and dribbled extreme amounts but seemed to enjoy! Eminybob the frozen banana suggestion is good, I didn't know you could freeze banana but I'll give it a try. fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now