Talk

Advanced search

Am I starving baby?

(4 Posts)
WTFISGOINGONWITHISBABY Wed 10-Dec-14 11:00:17

Trying to get her to eat solids. She's nearly 11 months.
Routine is :
6,20. B f
8.30 brek. Oz cereal and a munch on a biscuit.
10 b f
11 walk in pram for sleep
1 lunch Oz cauliflower cheese and few mouthfuls soft cheese or avocado or hunimus
With formula but only takes Oz maybe. And bit of water.
5 dinner Oz of meaty smooch if lucky plus maybe few mouthfuls cream or grated cheese
7 both boobs b f
Up 3 times minimum in night.

Fairly obvious y she's not eating her slides I guess but don't really want to do the cry it out thing as in so tired now that I thinkj I would have a melt down. Any advice anyone? Desperate for sleep.

ashi123 Wed 10-Dec-14 19:30:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

EmbarrassedPossessed Wed 10-Dec-14 19:32:18

Food and sleep may not 100% be related, although night weaning may help overall.

You don't have to do CIO/CC to sort out night wakings - there are a whole host of things before that you can try. If you have a DP/DH who can help, you could decide to only do a night feed up till 12 midnight, and then after that you can settle without feeding. Your DP/DH (or you, but it can be easier for the non-breastfeeding partner) can go and resettle and do whatever it takes to settle without a feed. You could do pick up put down, shush-pat, gradual retreat in any combination to get your DD to sleep without a feed. It may take a few nights to reduce and then stop the night feeds.

You're not starving her btw - if she was hungry she'd eat more food!

Jeffery Mon 15-Dec-14 09:56:08

My baby is 10.5 months and we have recently night weaning. She's only now has a morning and evening bf and eats well for lunch and dinner, breakfast isn't too good, but think she's full from morning milk. She eats what I eat.

We didn't do cry it out, we did anything to get her to sleep rather than feed, rocking, tapping, sitting by her cot holding her hand. I stopped feeding her to sleep in the evening too and woke her up for a story if she fell asleep. Its taken a week and she still wakes 2/3 times, but all it takes now is putting Ewen the sheep on and she goes off again.

Good luck op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now