Talk

Advanced search

need help with my 9 month old

(2 Posts)
susiebee46 Sat 29-Nov-14 20:00:15

Weaning's not going particularly well. There's a few things I know he'll eat. (By eat I mean he'll lick/suck/possibly chew a bit and then spit out rather than spit out immediately and look horrified).

I'm trying to persevere and offer a variety of foods and not just give the things I know he'll eat. My question is after he's firmly refused what I've offered should I give him one of the foods I know he'll definitely eat or just say oh well and try again tomorrow.

I'm feeling a bit demoralised, I seem to spend a lot of time offering food, scoping it off the floor and starting again. He's showing no sign of dropping any milk feeds and I just can see how he'll ever get to eating enough. I know he will eventually, it's just such a long process

EmbarrassedPossessed Sat 29-Nov-14 20:45:01

Don't offer alternatives if what you've offered is refused. All that will do is teach him that if he holds out long enough he'll get the food that he prefers.

Ideally give him the same food as you are having and eat at the same time. Just clear away anything that's left after a reasonable time and move on. He will get there in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now