Talk

Advanced search

6mo not interested in food

(3 Posts)
hemmed1980 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:45:11

Hi all

My lo was 2 weeks premature. He's always been pretty small (between 2nd-9th percentile) From the start my ds has been fairly disinterested in food. He would take 1-2 oz at a time. Now, finally at 6 months, I'm getting him to drink 4x7/8 oz per day. Still not a lot, I know. For the last month I have been trying weaning. He is completely disiniterested in puree. I've started trying a bit of BLW, but its still with non existent success.

Should I be worried, or just give him some more time? I'm a fairly chilled mama, but I obviously don't want him to be on milk forever!

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Nov-14 20:51:04

leave it for a bit.

DD1 was on 3 meals a day by 5 months.

DD2 just picked bits here and there and didn't really eat anything resembling much of a meal til 8 months ish.

Both is fine. It's a guide line nit an order. Kids are ready either side of the 6 month mark.

leave it a couple of weeks or so and try again.

has he ever been checked for tongue or lip ties?

CornishYarg Tue 25-Nov-14 23:16:44

Sounds a bit like DS. He got very upset when I tried spoonfeeding him just before 6 months. So I started BLW at 6 months but he wasn't very interested at all until 7 months. And it was another couple of months before he ate a reasonable volume. At about a year he was eating like a horse and is much the same two years on!

I would have a break for a week or two. Or keep going but don't stress at all if he doesn't eat - sit him with you when you eat (if he's awake and happy) and put a couple of bits in front of him and leave him to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now