Talk

Advanced search

7mo gone off food

(3 Posts)
fionnthedog Fri 21-Nov-14 12:30:24

I've been weaning my 7mo for about 5 weeks now which had been going very well and he's been having three small meals for the last fortnight plus around 5 milk feeds (he's bf so it does vary!)

About 5 days ago he started suffering from constipation and then the last 3 days he's also started teething badly again. I've been trying to get more water into him as well as prunes to try and ease the constipation to no effect yet, and he's not yet cut any new teeth.

The last three days he's been almost totally off his food refusing all sorts of things which he has previously been eating very happily. The only things he's taking is fromage frail and those fruit pots. And not lots of that at all.

I know that milk is his most important food at the moment but as he's had slow weight gain I am totally paranoid about him losing weight. I was planning on having him weighed early next week (as haven't for 6 weeks) but am now so worried about it.

Does anyone have any advice? I have been taking his temperature lots and it's mostly been normal, a couple of days ago it was a little high (37.5) but not anymore. I am really anxious about this.... :-(

Littlef00t Fri 21-Nov-14 15:13:16

It's really really common for babies to go off food for a few days when teething. Don't worry, milk really is fine for a few days.

fionnthedog Fri 21-Nov-14 19:15:01

How long is it ok for him to be off his food before I should worry? It's been 4 days now - though has been taking milk fine... Am feeling so stressed about it even though I know rationally he's probably fine. :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now