(7 Posts)
blushingmare Thu 20-Nov-14 18:50:49

Have tried for breakfast
- ready brek/porridge on loaded spoon - flung everywhere
- yoghurt on loaded spoon or given bowl to dip fingers into - flung everywhere
- porridge fingers - not interested
- mini shredded wheat soaked in milk - not interested
- Shreddies - quite a popular choice, but I'd rather give something sugar free
- fruit - probably most successful, but not a "proper" breakfast option!

And other ideas? Please don't suggest I make muffins or omelettes specially as that's just not going to happen smile

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Thu 20-Nov-14 18:51:54

Toast
Croissant
Boiled egg
Omelette
Rice cakes dipped in yoghurt

BikeRunSki Thu 20-Nov-14 18:59:53

Have you tried those pouches of yoghurt (like Ella's Kitchen pouches)? Ds used to suck on one of them.

Scrambled egg
Bagel
Toast
Cheese cubes
Ham
Rice cakes
Oatcakes
Currant buns
Crumpets
Banana

angelopal Thu 20-Nov-14 21:24:20

We normally do toast with different toppings e.g. dairylea, mashed banana, avacado. Going to try beans at the weekend.

Eggy bread is quick and easy to do.

How did you make your porridge fingers?

blushingmare Fri 21-Nov-14 13:35:09

Thanks for the ideas - some good thing to try!

angelopal - make up porridge thicker than normal and cook it in the microwave for a bit longer than normal so it becomes thick and sticky. Shape into fingers/sausages and put in fridge for a bit to cool and set.

Allstoppedup Fri 21-Nov-14 14:00:42

DS loves egg and veg muffins.

Whisk together 6 eggs with a small handful of grated cheese and a tablespoon of milk (breast milk or cows), get a muffin tray/tin and chop some veg and place in the tin bits. (I use spinach, sliced pepper, diced tomato, courgette but you can use literally anything and even add different cheeses/herbs and spices). Pour the egg mix into each bit then pop in the oven (I do it at gas mark 5) for 15/20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.

It makes loads so you can just wrap and freeze then heat up in the microwave (defrost setting for 1 minute, and 30 seconds on full)

angelopal Sat 22-Nov-14 15:00:00

Allstop they sound nice. Will give them a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now