Talk

Advanced search

Feeding a 7mo

(7 Posts)
Roobix04 Tue 18-Nov-14 18:52:17

I'm really struggling with what to feed dd. It was much simpler when I could just whip out a boob! So I was wondering what other people fed them for each meal including how many milk feeds? Really need some advice please.

Roobix04 Tue 18-Nov-14 19:38:51

Bump

Orangedaisy Tue 18-Nov-14 19:42:45

I bought/borrowed an annabel karmel book and the baby led weaning cookbook and gave a mixture from these. If you google either there are loads of ideas. Basics we have been working on (dd is 8 months) - mushed fruit/veg, plain natural full fat yoghurt, avocado and porridge. Plus finger food pretty much anything. Good luck!

Roobix04 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:16:43

Thanks. I think I had a bit of a wobble because the HV said she should be on total solids by now as in don't mix or mash at all and I don't feel she's ready.

Spellcheck Tue 18-Nov-14 20:24:37

You know your baby best so do what you feel is right for them. My youngest has just turned 8 months and he has:

Breakfast - 1 weetabix with formula milk and rest of the bottle (5oz in total)
Snack - raisins (feeds self)
Lunch - mashed banana (fuck what HV says, he likes it) / eggy bread / fruit of some description / cheese cubes / houmous on toast and 5oz formula
Dinner - whatever we have in smaller pieces and 5oz formula
Has another 5oz formula at about 11pm and sometimes wants same at 3am. He is an eating machine.

angelopal Tue 18-Nov-14 22:18:35

Dd is 8 months. She will only eat yoghurt off a spoon so everything else is finger foods.

Typical day is

7.30 bottle
8.30 breakfast usually toast and topping e.g avacado, dairylea, butter, banana etc. Sometimes omlette or eggy bread. Going to try porridge wedges tomorrow.
11.30/12 bottle
12.30/1 lunch. Veggie fitters, lentil wedges, cheese straws, brocolli muffins etc. Followed by fruit and yoghurt.
4 bottle
5.15 dinner is usually what we have e.g. fish cakes, roast chicken, pasta and cheese sauce, meatloaf.
6.45 bottle just before bed.

Every baby is different so just go with what you think is best.

Roobix04 Tue 18-Nov-14 23:34:41

We have started letting her try a few more solid things. She loves cheese cubes and apple slices for instance. I think I was more annoyed at her insistence that we switch everything immediately without any regard to how dd would cope with it. We've never seen her before and she seemed in a bit of a mood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now