Talk

Advanced search

15m getting fussy - will nursery help?

(4 Posts)
Quinandthem Wed 12-Nov-14 22:01:02

My dd is 15months and used to be a good eater but is now getting more fussy.

Background.
We used a mixture of purée and blw.

We cooked all our own meals including Thai curry, pasta, Indian curry etc stuffed with loads of veg. these were things we eat all the time but like us we definitely got her into a rut.

Maybe we didn't progress to full size food quick enough but these type of food don't have too big pieces. She now eats mainly with fork/spoon with us helping.

She has cerials, sandwiches and lots of fruit, cheese, ham, yogurt etc.

She's been at a cm since 9m but they wouldn't provide her food - discuss - so we were sending her food with her.

We've just got back from a week abroad and she wouldn't eat anything that wasn't finger food - sandwich, cheese, ham and fruit. She wouldnt even touch the pre-made toddler food we took (Ella's kitchen or something) or the fish fingers etc they had on the children buffet (she's not had these at home).

We have now moved her to a very good nursery and I'm hoping they will be able to stimulate her more (another issue) and encourage her to eat more types of food. (By keep offering it up and watching the other children eating).

Sorry for the length.

Any helpful advise or words of wisdom. Thanks.

TwoLittleTerrors Fri 14-Nov-14 06:50:31

Well my 3yo was a brilliant eater during weaning. I can't remember when the change happened. But now supposedly she are everything at nursery and almost nothing with us. Even things like ham and cucumber sandwich so I can't blame my preparation.

So yes eating with other children with the same food probably will help, but it might not mean she will do the same at home.

antarctic Fri 14-Nov-14 07:00:48

I have 3 DC, they are all pretty good eaters (the boys are great, DD is the fussiest but she's still pretty good) and they ALL went through a fussy stage around 15 months. I think it's a power thing - they suddenly realise they have the option of saying no! My advice is not to pander to it. Keep offering a healthy range of foods, even if you know she probably won't eat them, but make sure there is one thing on the plate she likes so she won't go hungry. Then take the plate calmly away even if it is almost untouched without making a big drama out of it. Don't let meals become a battle! Hang in there and she'll probably come out of this phase in a few weeks.

Quinandthem Fri 14-Nov-14 19:25:08

Thanks for input.

Didn't eat any dinner yesterday but lots tonight.

She always starts saying no before she even try's it - even when it's something we know she likes.

So it's a guessing game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now