Talk

Advanced search

Leaky weaning cup

(12 Posts)
BooseysMom Fri 07-Nov-14 09:42:51

Hi,
I have a question about weaning cups. My DS is 12 months old and we have always used a free-flowing Avent weaning cup for his water. The problem is it leaks everywhere so I tried swapping it for this one ... www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/easy-drink-cup/
It should be fine as it says 7-12 months, however he can't get the hang of sucking to get the water out. Should I try to remove the valve and will this mean it leaks everywhere like the Avent one?
Thanks for any comments posted.

LaPetiteCoccinelle Fri 07-Nov-14 09:46:06

Cant comment on the two you use but if ever you go to ikea their cheapo sippy cups are fab. Free-flowing but dont leak and unless you tip them upside down its hard to spill out of them.

For my 6 month old we use a sippy cup that we ve taken the valve out of and I agree the leaks are a nightmare.

Sorry if that isnt helpful!

BooseysMom Fri 07-Nov-14 09:50:35

Hi LaPetite, thanks for the comments. Very helpful actually! We're quite a way from Ikea but will have a look at their website. It seems that taking the valve out of the Tommee tippee one will be pointless if it leaks as badly as the Avent one we've always used.
Thanks again

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Nov-14 09:51:24

The simpler the better with sippy cups. The only one I have found properly leakproof is the Tommy Tippee first cup, with the floppy spout.

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Nov-14 09:56:07

I mean "flippy" spout.

BooseysMom Fri 07-Nov-14 10:04:19

Hi BikeRunSki, thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at one of these. My sister in law gave us the Avent first cup and it has leaked twice in my bag and soaked books so I've had enough of it!
Lol re. floppy spout smile

BooseysMom Fri 07-Nov-14 10:07:39

Hi again
Just looking at TT first sips cup and it says it needs the gentlest sucking action - I'm not sure our DS even manages any sucking as the Avent one just comes out when you tip it up hence all the leaks. Should have dumped it ages ago and stuck with TT!

ilovepowerhoop Fri 07-Nov-14 10:10:04

its not the first sips cup but the 'first cup'. it is free flowing with a flip up spout

ilovepowerhoop Fri 07-Nov-14 10:13:23

www.tesco.com/direct/tommee-tippee-essentials-first-cup/131-8636.prd

BooseysMom Fri 07-Nov-14 10:37:35

ilovepowerhoop, thanks, that's really helpful. I know the one you mean. I should have saved the £4 I spent on the TT one which as I'm not sure he'll ever use it at this rate.
Thanks again smile

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Nov-14 10:59:59

The cup that powerhoop had linked to is the one I meant.

BooseysMom Fri 07-Nov-14 11:15:26

BikeRunSki, thanks. I was just confused as I looked on the website and found that first sips one. Glad to see the essentials first cup is cheaper. Wish I could take the TT explorers one back now. He may still use it one day though I suppose. thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now