Talk

Advanced search

BLW out and about

(5 Posts)
YoureAShoe Tue 25-Mar-14 16:00:49

Dd is 8 months and were just up to 3 meals a day now. She's still a very messy eater so I try to avoid feeding her when were out and about but obviously this isn't realistic all of the time!
How do you cope with being out? Today I was at my sw group (11-12:30) and started giving her a cream cheese sandwich for lunch and it got everywhere, was horrible to clean up! Any tips? smile

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Tue 25-Mar-14 16:10:03

I just made sure I cleaned up anything DS dropped or spilled. Always had a pack of cheapo baby wipes with me to clean the mess up. If there was a group of us meeting up for lunch at one of our usual haunts we'd ask for a broom to sweep up.

JuniperHeartwand Tue 25-Mar-14 16:15:45

Take baby wipes. Only clean up afterwards (no point trying during as you'll stress yourself out). Serve as non-messy food as possible! It won't be long before she is less messy.

YoureAShoe Tue 25-Mar-14 16:24:34

What foods are good for being out? A lot of the time she has to sit on my lap so nothing that can be smeared on me!

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Tue 25-Mar-14 17:10:46

Thinking back we used to take things like:

Rice cakes
Cucumber sticks
Halved cherry tomatoes
Berries
Roasted veg like sweet potatoes, peppers and courgettes
Cheese cubes
Cold meatballs
Homemade fruit muffins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now