Talk

Advanced search

Yoghurt

(9 Posts)
Bridezilla3521 Mon 24-Mar-14 15:42:37

I have just realised how much sugar is in one Petits Filous!! My 7.5mo DD loves it though, what yogurts can I give her that have no sugar?!

Spindelina Mon 24-Mar-14 15:47:24

We just use plain yoghurt. Sometimes we mix some fruit in.

PassTheCremeEggs Mon 24-Mar-14 15:54:21

If your DC won't do plain yogurt try the Rachel's organic ones, the kids ones have no refined sugar, just fruit purée and apple juice to sweeten.

satintaupe Mon 24-Mar-14 15:54:21

We give natural yoghurt and add fresh fruit.

Woodifer Mon 24-Mar-14 16:01:35

Plum do an organic fromage frais sweetened with fruit and fruit juice. But I was just thinking about this and realized that petit filous are fortified with vit D. Since I keep forgetting to give DS his drops and since I have not entered in to a battle with toddler DD to take vitamin drops/mixture I might continue to get petit filous (if not all the time).

ExBrightonBell Mon 24-Mar-14 18:29:00

I get a full fat Greek style yoghurt (our favourite is the Yeo Valley one). It's lovely and thick, and you can stir in unsweetened fruit purée if you like.

Even the yoghurts sweetened with "fruit juice" aren't great as the fruit juice is so concentrated it may as well be sugar.

KikiShack Mon 24-Mar-14 20:09:33

All that sugar is bad news, you could always add vit d drops to plain yogurt? But with summer coming up (!!) you prob don't need extra vit d anyway. I'd avoid sugar over giving vit d, but your choice of your priorities I guess...good luck with it.

ShoeWhore Mon 24-Mar-14 20:12:19

I gave full fat Greek yoghurt with fruit purée (and later chopped fruit) stirred in. Ds2 loves it plain too.

It's also a good thick consistency for when they start spoon feeding themselves.

Bridezilla3521 Mon 24-Mar-14 22:04:39

Thanks everyone! Will have a look at the shops tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now