Talk

Advanced search

Introducing drinks

(7 Posts)
Bridezilla3521 Sat 22-Mar-14 17:46:06

My 7.5 month old DD has now dropped to 3 bottles a day (2x8oz and 1x7oz) and I'm trying to introduce sippy cups /bottles to her. Is there any way I can teach her to drink? As I speak she is holding the bottle upside down and putting her mouth on it!

Weaning is going really well with a mixture of finger foods and mashed foods.

She has a slight cold at the moment which is why I'm concerned about getting as much fluids in her as poss!

TIA x

cookielove Sat 22-Mar-14 20:05:44

Just keep putting it to her mouth, encouraging her to drink it, leave it on the side where she can reach it. She'll continue explore what she can do with it, long after she's learnt how to drink from it!

dodi1978 Sun 23-Mar-14 20:53:54

Bridezilla - I just wanted to post the exactly same question! My LO is almost 8 months, so same age - but not interested in water... he looks at the cup as if it is poison! He simply doesn't seem to get the drinking without sucking bit. And is a milk monster. He is going to nursery in a week, so I hope they have got the magic recipe!

Bridezilla3521 Mon 24-Mar-14 13:14:00

After a million and one times of showing her, she now can put the bottle in her mouth, next stage is to teach her to hold the bottle high enough so the water comes out!

Pregnantagain7 Tue 25-Mar-14 13:31:40

I buy the really cheap sippy cups that you don't need to suck for the water to come out of it just pours through the holes. I found it really helps them to get the idea.

Mutley77 Tue 25-Mar-14 14:22:31

Same as pregnant - DD only drinks from those sippy cups that have no valve of any kind. The water simply tips into her mouth (or onto the floor if she feels like it!) and she drinks loads. She will also drink from an open cup if I hold it - which is useful as I don't need to take a cup out and about.

Bridezilla3521 Tue 25-Mar-14 21:48:34

Ok great will give that a go! Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now