Talk

Advanced search

Six month old advice

(3 Posts)
Mrswellyboot Fri 21-Mar-14 18:27:07

Hello I have started the whole weaning process smile

I am giving my baby rice, then potatoes and steamed veg for his main meal and avocado, pears or banana etc for tea.

Am I doing this right?

Also from seven months I will need to provide his meals when I go back to work. I will collect him after 2.30

Thank You so much

ExBrightonBell Fri 21-Mar-14 20:37:08

Mrswellyboot, I'm not quite sure what you are asking?

If you are not sure what to do wrt weaning, a starting point is the NHS advice page on weaning.

If you are interested in trying baby led weaning, then have a look at this BLW website for tips on how to get started.

I would also suggest going to your local library and having a look at books in the weaning section there. There will be a variety of approaches described and you can find one that you feel most suits you.

I think you're asking what sort of food you should provide for your childcare provider? The nursery or childminder should explain this to you before your lo starts attending. If they haven't yet then I would contact them to ask what they are expecting. I would imagine that you would just provide what you would offer yourself (for lunch only? Will your lo be having breakfast there?). It might have to be something easily reheated or suitable to be served cold. It might also depend on where your lo is with weaning at that point as well. Again, a good nursery/cm should be able to work with you and advise on this.

HTH!

Mrswellyboot Fri 21-Mar-14 22:33:46

Thank You Brighton, the nhs site was very useful. Yes, I suppose I was wondering how long do I stick with purée veg and mash and I see that until eight months or so. I am hoping to batch cook.

I am only starting out but I often purée an avocado there and then, whereas I am probably best will to save that for the early evening meal.

I think I will just provide breakfast cereal for morning and prepare lunch the same as I do at home at the moment.

Can always add the variety at home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now