Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly fussy eater

(3 Posts)
YouAreMySunShine271 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:28:00

My DD is now 7 months old and was weaned at 4 months on medical advice. She is now on 3 meals a day but has suddenly become very fussy and point blank refuses to be spoon fed but will happily chew toast! Has anyone got any ideas on what I can give her to eat herself and when this fussy stage will end! Thanks

ExBrightonBell Thu 20-Mar-14 15:10:45

At 7 months you can give her pretty much anything. Simplest thing to do is to give her what you are having. As long as you avoid adding salt, or using honey then it's fine. You'll have to use full fat everything as well.

If you want to start gently with self feeding, and giving family food straight off is a bit daunting, then you could give things like steamed veg, soft/ripe fruit, grated cheese, omelette strips, avocado, sweet potato wedges, well roasted squash, etc Cut veg/fruit up into long batons to make it easier to hold. I'm vegetarian so don't know about meat, but I suppose things like chicken and fish would be easy enough to eat too.

YouAreMySunShine271 Sat 22-Mar-14 09:08:57

Thanks for the advicesmile I think it jut makes me abit nervous giving her anything, I'm scared to death she will choke!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now