Talk

Advanced search

8 month old Blw - what does yours eat?

(9 Posts)
goodbyegoodbye Fri 14-Mar-14 20:07:02

What should an 8 mo be eating? We are doing Blw and trying to be relaxed about everything, but I don't think ds actually swallows anything. He likes to suck on toast and carrot batons but he doesn't ingest them. What can I do to help?

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Fri 14-Mar-14 20:13:13

Mine's the same - I don't think he's actually eating a huge amount - but he mouths and plays with everything so I'm happy.

We had Shepherd's Pie from BLW cookbook last night and he loved making a mess. Celery and homemade dips are a winner too.

I think at this age they are just getting to grips with eating and as long as they get plenty of milk, dirty and wet nappies and are gaining weight, then I would just keep trying different foods on them.

JazzAnnNonMouse Fri 14-Mar-14 20:17:58

Anything we eat.

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Fri 14-Mar-14 20:22:03

Grated cheese
Blueberries
Soft fruit with yogurt on
Mash
Pasta
Soft veg

Anything that can be gummed.

My dd wasn't a big toast eater (10 months) she will not be spoon fed unless it's yogurt so meal times is beyond messy. 75% ends up on floor

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Fri 14-Mar-14 20:22:51

Oh she loved mixed cheese sandwiches hmm

evangelinelily Fri 14-Mar-14 21:23:21

My 7mo has what we eat mostly. Some things she has had:

Breakfast
Porridge oats, weetabix, Greek yoghurt, papaya, mango, banana, watermelon, peach, plum, pear

Lunch
Beans (no added salt) on toast, Philadelphia rice thins, babybel/grated cheese, cucumber sticks, carrots, avocado

Dinner
salmon, pumpkin and spinach
Lasagne
Pasta/pesto
Chicken korma
Moroccan chicken
Stir-fry veg noodles
Sweet potato

She loves spinach, broccoli, courgette and asparagus!

lem31 Sun 23-Mar-14 23:23:43

Our ds is pretty fussy - severe reflux baby so anything to do with food has been a nightmare. Add to that his very independent nature and you have a nightmare.
Game changers for us has been yogurt in a pouch - he just sucks it straight out so no need for spoons. Couscous - can be mixed with cheese, veg, meats etc and is one of the only things ds will let me feed him from a spoon as he likes it that much! Is also an exciting finger food though... Rice pudding, asparagus...

He seems to go through phases. Some days he eats anything in front of him, others won't touch a thing. Last week he could not get enough melon, this week he isn't bothered. I assume its all part of it though so try not to panic too much.

Good luck. X

badidea Mon 24-Mar-14 10:20:48

My eldest didn't really start putting food away until 11 months, whereas his baby brother was stuffing his face at 7 months. DS2 is 9 months now and last night he tucked into a big bowl of veggie lasagne, salad veg and fruit puree for afters.

They're all different, keep offering lots of different foods and one day you'll notice they'll just 'get it' and start eating.

It can be hard to know what they've eaten when doing BLW - best way is to check the nappies as they you tend to see the food remnants there :-)

shineypeacock Mon 24-Mar-14 17:26:27

My DD 7.5 mths loves a picky meal, bread, cheeses, fruit, but hates proper food, have just tried to give her some chicken and tomato pasta but shes not interested.

Feel i might be carb loading her, as she will always pick up bread type foods if offered.

Am just perservering at the mo, but it can get a bit disheartning when she wont even try things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now