Talk

Advanced search

14month old - how to move away from bottles??

(6 Posts)
KMR281 Thu 13-Mar-14 12:33:58

so, DS3 is doing pretty well, but still has bottles for his milk - should I try and swap him to a cup of some sort? In case it matters, this is his 'routine'

breakfast @ 7am - weetabix & full fat milk, wee bit of toast & marmite
10am - 8oz bottle full-fat milk, poss plus small snack first
12ish - lunch (sandwich normally, or soup, plus fruit/yog), water to drink (from cup)
1ish - 8oz bottle, then usually naps
mid afternoon snack
5/5.30pm main meal & water to drink (from cup)
bedtime bottle @ 7 or so - sleeps (theoretically!)

I should say at nursery (three days a week) he quite often doesn't drink all his milk, but always does at home.

TIA!

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Thu 13-Mar-14 12:35:09

DS used to go and get his own bottle so we just put sippy cups in their place which he went and got instead.

KMR281 Thu 13-Mar-14 14:38:02

I'm most worried about the bottles that send him to sleep! what if he never sleeps again?! Perhaps I'll just try swapping bottles for cups, feed by feed?

SoonToBeSix Thu 13-Mar-14 17:47:59

14 months is still a baby I wouldn't rush dropping the bottles.

KMR281 Fri 14-Mar-14 11:32:19

Thanks soontobesix - I probably will leave it till he's bigger - he's happy with bottles anyway. ta xx

yangsun Fri 14-Mar-14 11:37:01

I would try swapping the non-bedtime bottles for cups and when he's used to those you can do the bedtime one - you may find it's not a problem at all once he's got used to the other cups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now