Talk

Advanced search

11 month old and getting ready to swap to cows milk, help on amounts please?

(4 Posts)
Cannotbelieveit Mon 10-Mar-14 15:32:48

We will be swapping DS when he reaches 12 months (in a couple weeks time), I've got enough formula to start mixing the 2 to transition it over to completely cows milk.

Anyway my main question is how much does he need during the course of the day? This is a typical day for us currently

7-8-am 8oz formula in sippy cup

9-10am ready brek (probably using at least 3-4 oz of whole milk in it)

12-1.30pm lunch and fruit

4-5.30pm dinner and yoghurt (decent sized Rachel's organic yoghurt not a tiny baby pot)

7pm 8oz formula in sippy cup

Throughout the day he will drink 7-12oz of water with meals and in between and will occasionally have snacks

I will add milk to food such as mash etc and he has cheese also.

Is it usual to carry on with morning and night milk past 12 months and roughly when did your little ones only have milk at night?

Thanks for reading this far!

beckslovestimmy Thu 13-Mar-14 09:07:34

I just give the same amount of cows milk as I did formula. So 6 oz in the morning and 7-8oz before bed. I think the recommendation for 12months plus is 300ml including other sources of dairy (cheese yoghurt ect) I also started a multivitamin when we made the switch. HTH

neversleepagain Thu 13-Mar-14 14:02:09

At 12 months ours had 9oz cows milk in a bottle at 7:30pm and 6oz at bedtime.

Now at 18 months they are 6oz in a bottle at 7:30am and 5oz at bedtime.

300ml or 10oz is what they should have but that include dairy throughout the day too.

Cannotbelieveit Thu 13-Mar-14 14:47:08

Thanks for the replies! I thought it went down from 500ml but couldn't remember what!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now