Talk

Advanced search

Reassure me this is ok!

(6 Posts)
BillyAndBamBam Mon 10-Mar-14 12:39:05

Dd's (11 mo) favorite dinner at the minute is pasta with butter, cheese and ham with broccoli and cauliflower which has been mashed and mixed in.

It's the only food that doesn't get thrown everywhere, is it ok to make it a regular meal for her, once a week or so? Just worried about the amount of fat with the butter and cheese.

tiktok Mon 10-Mar-14 12:40:54

Sounds fine, and rather delish!.

Babies need full-fat food items in their diet.

See what your HV thinks.

Can't see what would be wrong with having it more often than once a week, either smile

BillyAndBamBam Mon 10-Mar-14 12:45:57

It is delicious! why I want to make it more often I love it and so does she! That's why I want to keep makin it so need convincing the broccoli and cauliflower make it healthy.

GreenGoblin0 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:51:57

It sounds lovely! The the only thing i would check if its going to be a regular meal is that the ham doesn't have too much salt or other strange additives in that most pre packed ham. Also make sure butter is unsalted.

redsquareyellowsquare Mon 10-Mar-14 20:00:27

Repeating what tiktok said a little, but fat is good! Babies should be getting a third of their calories from fat, and good quality butter (Def unsalted) is one of the healthiest fats there is.

Again, repeating, but I would worry a bit about salt. Ham and cheese are both very salty, babies under a year are recommended to have less than 1g a day, and a chunk of cheese can easily take you up to half a gram.

Sounds lovely. I'm going to try it on my little one.

redsquareyellowsquare Mon 10-Mar-14 20:00:53

Repeating what tiktok said a little, but fat is good! Babies should be getting a third of their calories from fat, and good quality butter (Def unsalted) is one of the healthiest fats there is.

Again, repeating, but I would worry a bit about salt. Ham and cheese are both very salty, babies under a year are recommended to have less than 1g a day, and a chunk of cheese can easily take you up to half a gram.

Sounds lovely. I'm going to try it on my little one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now