Talk

Advanced search

Processed baby food samples

(5 Posts)
Smerlin Fri 07-Mar-14 17:21:28

Hi there

I have been sent free samples of Hipp baby rice and Ella's porridge from one of those baby club things. Would you use them for breakfast/ mixed with fruit when weaning? I want to offer only HM food to my baby when weaning, particularly as I 'failed' at breastfeeding (my own feelings about it, not a reflection on anyone else) but then I feel bad about just throwing it all straight in the bin!

Incidentally I have been advised to wean before 6 mths by hospital due to reflux FTT baby but these samples arrived through the door pretty much the day she turned 4 mths which is a bit unethical isn't it given that you should try to wait till 6 mths!

ExBrightonBell Fri 07-Mar-14 18:09:49

I probably wouldn't use them myself but would see if anyone I knew wanted them, rather than chucking them out.

FrumiousBandersnatch Sat 08-Mar-14 12:13:33

If you feel it's unethical then send them back to the companies, telling them so!

Chunderella Sat 08-Mar-14 17:11:03

Just give them to a local food bank if you don't want them. They're bound to have some clients who would be glad of them. I agree it seems wrong to throw them in the bin.

ilovemulberry Sat 08-Mar-14 17:13:40

I make my own hm food for lunch and dinner but have always used Ella's kitchen porridge or baby rice for breakfast x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now