Talk

Advanced search

A what age did you drop morning and/ or evening milk?

(5 Posts)
GingerDoodle Fri 07-Mar-14 12:00:46

Just musing really.

DD is approaching 18 months and is a tad short (unsurprising me and her Dad are not the short side) but a healthy weight.

She's fully weaned and in the main loves her food. She usually has 2 sippy cups of milk - morning and around 5pm before dinner although if she wakes in the night she has her morning one then and not an additional iyswim.

She's been a bit off her food in the evenings this last week and I think it may be because of the milk - yesterday I forgot, she had a banana a 5 and then dinner at 6.30. I remembered and gave her the milk afterwards (she drank about 1/2 of it) so i'm thinking of just doing that going forward.

Anyway I'm rambling but has anyone else had this sort of thing? And at what age did you drop morning and/ or evening milk?

GreenGoblin0 Fri 07-Mar-14 20:31:46

My DD is 20 months and still breastfed. She has three full meals a day plus snacks but still has at the least a substantial feed in the morning from 6am and usually one at 6pm when I get home from work and another at 7pm before she goes to bed. On the days I am not at work she does ask for more although I am trying to limit this apart from when he is ill.

My view is that as long as they are not filling up on milk and therefore not eating dinner then it's fine for them to still have milk during the day, two sippy cups doesn't sound excessive to me. DSS (9 and 7) still have milk before bedtime now (although that could be more about the biscuit that goes with it...:-)

I would try to give her the evening milk after her dinner though as you suggest rather than before

TheGreatHunt Fri 07-Mar-14 20:34:52

Only milk first thing and at bedtime by that age

CandyKate Fri 07-Mar-14 20:40:06

My DDs are 4 and 2 and both have milk (whole cow's milk) in the morning before breakfast and after dinner, before bed (and before bath and teeth).

neversleepagain Fri 07-Mar-14 21:02:41

My DD's are also nearly 18 months and still have morning and evening milk. No plan to drop them here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now