Talk

Advanced search

One hour gap between milk and food?

(2 Posts)
Ijustworemytrenchcoat Sun 16-Feb-14 00:01:47

Just that really... My son is just over 6 months and weaning is going really well but I have just read a thread on here which said up until one year you should wait an hour after milk to give food (is this after the end of the bottle?). Why is this?

At the moment I wait maybe twenty minutes if that after he finishes his bottle till I offer him food. Waiting an hour would mean I couldn't give him breakfast in the morning as he gets very sleepy very quickly. I don't really want to wait until after his nap as I generally just change his nappy in the morning then keep him in his babygrow while he eats.

ExBrightonBell Sun 16-Feb-14 01:28:59

The idea of roughly an hour after a milk feed is so that they are neither too hungry nor too full to be interested in solids. In the early days it takes babies a while to connect hunger with solids so if you offer solids when they are very hungry it won't go well as they would want milk. As weaning progresses this obviously begins to change.

If your ds is happy having solids 20 mins after a milk feed then I wouldn't change what you are doing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now