Talk

Advanced search

cereal

(9 Posts)
AndWhat Sat 15-Feb-14 21:35:26

I gave my DS weetabix this morning and he wolfed it down, I made it with 1oz of warm formula milk and was wondering if others use formula or full fat milk with theirs.
Also if you use formula do you take it from a fully made bottle or make it separately?

MyNameIsSuz Sat 15-Feb-14 21:41:35

I've always used full fat milk, loads easier. Shreddies are good too, they take longer to mush though.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Feb-14 23:09:07

How old is your baby? I just used full fat from 6 months. Have you tried ready brek? You can add fruit like chopped banana, raisins or berries smile

AndWhat Tue 18-Feb-14 22:40:18

Hes 26 weeks Jilted I tried full fat cold this morning and it made no difference he still gobbled it all up! The greedy thing not like his mum I've tried bananas and apples with it so far. I wasn't sure if ready brek was ok at this age but I'll give it a go if it's seen as ok.

Do you mash the raisins or berries?

Spindelina Wed 19-Feb-14 14:24:56

Shredded wheat (or mini shredded wheat) are also good, with the extra bonus of being free of added salt and sugar.

Rhododendron Wed 19-Feb-14 21:41:17

Plain porridge is cheap and very nutritious.
It needs a lot of fluid so I make it with mostly water and a bit of milk.
It doesn't take long in the microwave if you're only making it for a tiddler.

Mini shredded wheat is good if you're doing BLW as they can pick it up!

At just 26 weeks I would personally be cautious about overloading the wheat (gluten isn't recommended before then) and feel safer on oats, but maybe I'm just overparanoid.
You can get an oatibix version of weetabix.

jaggythistle Thu 20-Feb-14 06:20:48

Ready brek is just finely milled oats with added vitamins I think? So it makes a smoother porridge.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 20-Feb-14 12:30:36

Depends on the size of the berries, if you are worried about choking you could always halve them smile

Woodifer Mon 24-Feb-14 23:56:08

You can soften up raisins and other dried fruit by soaking them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now