Talk

Advanced search

Shall I start? Are these signs?

(6 Posts)
BlueFrenchHorn Tue 11-Feb-14 22:34:28

Ds is just over 5.5 months (23 weeks and 4 days). He used to have a dreamfeed at 10pm then wake once at night for a feed. He now wakes every 1.5 hrs or so.

Doesn't seem like habit to me as he always has a full feed and goes back to sleep awake.

Can sit unaided.

Can grab and put things in mouth very easily.

Is actively grabbing apple slices etc from my hands.

Should I Wait til precisely 6 months or are these signs he's ready now?

Pascha Tue 11-Feb-14 22:37:07

Oh go for it, sounds like he's ready to me. Both my children started weaning at about the same stage after stealing food from my plate. (DS1 - green bean, DS2 - breadstick)

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 11-Feb-14 23:03:00

If he can pick up food and eat it, I think he's showing you he's ready smile

If you want to check the signs, they're here but my DD did the same at 23 weeks and we just went with it smile

pootlebug Tue 11-Feb-14 23:05:14

Go for it. If you're not sure, put a chip-shaped something-or-other in front of him at the table and see what he does with it. If he has the hand-eye co-ordination to eat it and the interest to do so, I'd go with it.

mummyof2boys257 Tue 11-Feb-14 23:05:57

I would do it my ds started showing signs at 4.5 month's would cry and try and grab whatever we ate and started waking alot more, feeding loads during the day

Gave him food and I honestly have never seen a baby eat so fast

Hes so close to 6 months just do it sounds like hes ready

BlueFrenchHorn Wed 12-Feb-14 09:19:05

Thank you everyone. I put an apple wedge in frobt of him and he grabbed it and tried to put it in his mouth but I stopped him.

will give it a go this weekend when I've got some help with toddler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now