Talk

Advanced search

Milk with cereal?

(7 Posts)
themightywalrus Mon 10-Feb-14 17:07:55

I hope this isn't too daft a question...what type of milk can I make cereal with? My ds is 7 months & has toast in the morning. But I thought I'd like to give him cereal as an alternative. He is ebf & I don't express (& don't really have much time too either). Can I give cows milk at 7 months on cereal??

Mogz Mon 10-Feb-14 17:30:03

I think the guidelines are that cows milk shouldn't be used for babies under 1year unless cooked. Not sure what you are meant to use though as I've still to reach that point!

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Feb-14 17:33:07

yes you can use full fat cows milk in cooking and on cereal from 6 months as long as the main drink remains breast/formula milk. It doesnt need to be cooked unless you want to give a warm cereal

saffstel Mon 10-Feb-14 17:38:07

Full fat milk

TheSurgeonsMate Mon 10-Feb-14 17:39:48

Yes.

ExBrightonBell Mon 10-Feb-14 17:40:03

As ilovepower says, cow's milk is fine in food from 6 months in food (doesn't have to be cooked), just not as the main drink.

The NHS Healthy start page has a full explanation.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 10-Feb-14 23:32:21

Yes you can use full fat cows milk in cereal and cooking so things like ready brek, pancakes, fish pie, rice pudding and custard are all fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now