Talk

Advanced search

food and bottles...confused!

(4 Posts)
AddictedtoGreys Mon 10-Feb-14 15:15:59

my DS is 8 and half months old, on 3 meals a day plus supper, I usually give the following -

6am small bottle feed
8am breakfast
10am bottle about 5oz
12pm lunch
2pm bottle about 4oz
4pm tea
5.30pm supper
6.30pm bottle 6oz
10pm dream feed 6oz
wakes for bottle approx 2am has about 4oz

is it better to space it out like this? or give the bottle straight after the meal?

he's also not switching to more solid food very well., he either wants it liquid like, or solid off my plate, But he doesn't eat enough if he has just normal food so I mash it up a but but he won't eat ! so frustrating!

anyone got any advice? is he having too much milk in 24 hours?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 10-Feb-14 15:23:56

I'd say the milk was fine, if you were worried I'd swap things around abit. Until he's one food shouldn't replace bottles. Its important he gets his milk but it doesn't really matter if he doesn't eat IYGWIM smile

So with that in mind, how about trying this:

6am bottle
7am breakfast (until he's one food should be roughly an hour after milk)
10am bottle
11am-12pm lunch
1pm bottle
4pm bottle
5pm tea
6.30pm bottle and then the night feeds he needs.

Hopefully that should fill him up a bit more smile

AddictedtoGreys Mon 10-Feb-14 16:22:50

thanks jilted smile

CornishYarg Tue 11-Feb-14 08:50:37

Try not to worry about the amount of solids he's eating. You say he doesn't eat enough if he just has normal food, but what is "enough"? Presumably it's just your guess of what he needs but really he's the best judge. If he's happier eating your food then I'd go with that and trust him to eat what he needs. Seems preferable to insisting on mashing etc only for it to go to waste or for mealtimes to become a battle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now