Talk

Advanced search

baby jars staining everything?

(4 Posts)
jane1995 Sun 09-Feb-14 13:58:50

I always cook DS meals myself, but ive been feeling full of cold and tired today so I gave him a hipp spag bol jar, ive never liked the idia of using the jars but it was just for quickness, but anyways this jar has permanently stained his blue bowl and spoon green, & literally nothing will remove the colour. What makes it even worse is I just baught the cosatto 3sixti highchair the other day for 165 pound and its stained the tray orange and that won't come off either! plus his face is still tinted orange after a bath. Anyone else had experience with this? Any idias of things to try to get it off?

addictedtosugar Sun 09-Feb-14 14:10:05

Not sure about the green, but tomato purée is very good at making homemade bolognese and stew stain things orange.

A half decent kitchen (or bathroom) cleaner with bleach tends to get it out of things here. Or Milton if you've got some.

I suspect it is also the tomato that is staining the blue bowl. I'd try a similar product to whatever works on the highchair on those.

SpottyTeacakes Sun 09-Feb-14 14:20:33

We only used the jars once, you're right they're so orange confused they seem oily too. I found the Ella's kitchen pouches much less orange grin or even sainsburys own pouches etc.

No idea how to clean it off though, sorry!

sleepyhead Sun 09-Feb-14 14:29:12

It's just tomato & oil, such a bugger for staining. I find homemade spag bol is the same though so it's not a "jar" thing as such.

I use Dettol bleach spray to clean ds2's white Antilop high chair. I leave it for a few minutes and the orange just fades away. It's very strong bleach so you need to make sure you rinse very well. Ds2 has some very patchy dungarees from when I missed a bit of the seat blush. Anything with bleach would do the job I suspect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now