Talk

Advanced search

How much formula at 7 months old? Also any food in addition

(7 Posts)
Serendipitous80 Fri 07-Feb-14 17:22:14

Hi, my baby is 7 months old and she's on 4 bottles a day with 8oz of formula at each, so approximately 32 oz overall. She sometimes takes a bit less and very occasionally a bit more. She sleeps through the night so she only has milk during he day.

She's still not interested in food, despite my best efforts and attempting BLW. She will suck a bit and then usually throws the rest on the floor at the dogs!

What do other people's baby's take at this age? She weighs about 23 pounds and is quite tall so she's definitely not going hungry! I just thought she would be more interested in food by now.

ExBrightonBell Fri 07-Feb-14 17:28:25

Assuming you've been doing BLW for about 4 to 6 weeks? That's no time at all and I wouldn't be worried at all about what she's eating. Just keep offering and eating with her and she'll get there.

Serendipitous80 Fri 07-Feb-14 17:32:50

Yes ExBrightonBell, about 6 I think now. I keep worrying about it as I see other younger babies eating and enjoying it.

Thank you.

ExBrightonBell Fri 07-Feb-14 17:37:00

Some of them take to it quickly and others a bit slower but they get there in the end. There can be worries with either tbh! Too quick and constipation and tummy issues can result.

ummingandahhing Fri 07-Feb-14 17:41:42

OP, my DD didn't really "get" food until about 9 / 10 months so don't worry too much!

Varya Fri 07-Feb-14 17:47:05

From around six months baby's digestive tract can begin to cope with solids. No hard and fast rules apply. Fruit puree, petites Filous, mashed banana fed with a suitable spoon, all count towards the weaning process. No rush though, if your baby is doing well on formula.

Serendipitous80 Fri 07-Feb-14 17:47:44

Thanks both. She seems to know what to do and sometimes eats a bit (only if she can feed herself!) but then looks visibly bored and anything will distract her. I guess it must be difficult having no teeth though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now