Talk

Advanced search

10mo spoon refuser!!

(6 Posts)
AmandaNov10 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:48:39

Hi everyone, just looking for good finger foods for a 10 MO spoon refuser. She wants to feed herself and now won't take a bite from the spoon! I've given toast, pepper sticks, toast & cheese, pasta, blueberries, grapes (cut in half) and other ideas, something more of a dinner and less of a snack would be great!!

Thanks xx

meerschweinchen Tue 04-Feb-14 10:54:02

If you can cope with the mess just give her the same as you. Babies generally are quite happy eating with their hands and will have spaghetti bolognese, roast veg, strips of meat, all sorts! Mine was a spoon refuser too, so I gave up on puree and just followed the blw approach. If you've got purees still in the freezer you can spread them on toast for her, or try pre-loading the spoons and letting her feed herself?

AmandaNov10 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:57:23

Thanks, I'll give that I try. Think I knew that really but just wanted someone else to say yeah, do this!! Ha!! The mess is a total stress to me (sado!) bug I'll just need to deal with it!! Xxx

Lamu Tue 04-Feb-14 11:03:26

I sometimes used to pre-load the spoon but also did BLW. Dd would eat rice, baked beans, peas, roast potatoes, chicken strips, bits of salmon or cod, carrots, french beans, broccoli. Pretty much whatever we were having I'd put a selection on her high chair tray and leave her to it.

meerschweinchen Tue 04-Feb-14 11:38:00

Yes, the mess isn't fun,BUT you'll get some lovely photos for posterity! I used to save the messiest foods for the evening meal, as they can just go straight on the bath afterwards. A mat under the highchair helps too. You could have a look at Gill Rapley's baby led weaning book, esp the recipe one, as it has some good ideas.

www.rapleyweaning.com

AmandaNov10 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:19:50

Thank you all you BLW experts for your help, but I'm back with an other (daft?) question!! Most of DDs food lands on the floor, she takes forever chewing/playing with it, spits it out and eventually gets very grumpy when dinner (lunch, whatever) is over either because she is 1) still hungry or 2) was enjoying playing that game!

It will pass I guess???? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now