Talk

Advanced search

Pureeing - which liquid to use?

(10 Posts)
dodi1978 Mon 27-Jan-14 08:14:11

Hi,

I pureed our chicken dinner for our six month old DS yesterday. In order to achieve a good puree (there was chicken, potatoes and peas) I used sime formula. The result was still quite lumpy, but the little one had no problems with it!

What liquid do you use when you puree your own dinners? I don't want DS to think that all food tastes of formula....

justmuddlingalong Mon 27-Jan-14 08:17:07

I used to save a wee drop of the water the veg had been cooked in.

purplemurple1 Mon 27-Jan-14 12:37:05

Veg water and or meat drippings for us. I used formula with mash as you'd expect that to be milky and mine is 5 months so I'm jot sure about using normal milk yet.

SweetPeaPods Sun 09-Feb-14 12:08:29

I have the same question OP as if I add water I worry it will taste watery.

dodi1978 Sun 09-Feb-14 20:11:42

SweetPeaPods - I tried tried veg water recently - that worked very well!

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Feb-14 11:45:30

at 6 months you could also use small amounts of cows milk in cooking/in cereal, etc

SweetPeaPods Mon 10-Feb-14 16:51:18

Sorry to hijack OP but how is everyone blending.
If I say make a cottage pie and add some extra liquid from say carrots, how do I blend it to a suitable mush? My blender is struggling as portion size is too small.

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Feb-14 17:03:31

you could mash with a fork or make bigger portions (extra for freezing) and use a hand blender (the stick type). Mine came with a tall jug thing so wasnt as shallow as a pot

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Feb-14 17:07:01

something like this?

SweetPeaPods Mon 10-Feb-14 17:51:47

I've got similar I'll give it a try later thanks. Everything I have made so far he has refused, I think it's because it has an inconsistent texture unlike the jars.
I feel like such a rubbish mummy being unable to feed my own child!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now