Talk

Advanced search

21 months and still need help

(2 Posts)
Adreamz Mon 27-May-13 19:18:03

Everyone has taken the bottle away in the morning and giving milk in a beaker. I thought I would try. 1st 2 mornings she screamed so we ended up giving it in her bottle. Today I couldn't be bothered with the screaming so I offered it in the bottle and she refused it completely. She is also really bad at feeding herself. Im pregnant again and I'm worried when the new one comes along she will end up not eating anything because I won't have time to feed her! I'm going to try BLW next time!!
Any advise?

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 28-May-13 22:57:23

Congratulations on your pg thanks

Between 12 and 24 months she should be having 300 ml of full fat cows milk a day, but this includes milk used in cereals and cooking (mac cheese, rice pudding, fish pie etc). If she's having a different milk, or much more milk it could affect her appetite.

Have you tried the bottle with a juice spout instead of a teat? It might make the transition easier. Personally though I'd just stick the bottles in the bin and brave it out, lots of praise for drinking out of a cup and ignore any tantrums.

As long as she looks well in herself and is growing and developing, I really wouldn't worry about her not eating. Keep a food diary for a week or two so that you have got a picture of what she eats over a whole week. It helps you to stop focusing on one refused meal.

Try just giving her the food and just eating and chatting while she eats. She will soon start to feed herself when she realises you aren't going to do it for her and its much better to do it now, before Lo arrives.

Have you read My child Won't Eat by Carlos Gonzalez too? It was recommended to me when my dd was very fussy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now