Talk

Advanced search

How quickly can I offer everything?

(5 Posts)
minimoll Sat 25-May-13 22:15:34

I have started weaning my six month old this week. I have introduced different puréed vegetables and fruit and given the odd bit of cucumber and banana to hold and chew. How quickly can I start introducing a full meal like puréed chicken and veg or toast, cheese, houmous, yoghurt etc?

Beamae Sat 25-May-13 22:20:55

I just did it all straight away. Things they couldn't eat like steak or sausage they would just gum on for a while and spit out again.

LastButOneSplash Sat 25-May-13 22:22:05

I do baby led weaning and you start with normal meals from the off. No purées. You do that from 6 months. So I'd say you can too as a combination with purées if you want them. Just be careful of too much salt.

stargirl1701 Sat 25-May-13 22:22:12

I started DD at 26 weeks using BLW so she just had everything we had. The only adjustments I've made are salt & chilli levels. I didn't do any purées.

minimoll Tue 28-May-13 17:04:43

Thanks for your replies... We have tried a combination of purees and fingr food. He is not keen on puréed veg and fruit and porridge but I tried him on some garlicky home made houmouS with carrot sticks and he loved it... So we gave him some mashed up roast dinner and he also loved that. I hope we are not rushing things as this is only week two of weaning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now