Talk

Advanced search

Chewing, sucking and trying to eat EVERYTHING!

(4 Posts)
expatinscotland Tue 23-May-06 09:44:23

DD2 will be 6 calendar months in a fortnight .

These past couple of days, she's been trying to eat everything that she gets her hands on - including her bib, she pulls up her changing matt and puts it in her mouth, bath towel when she gets out of the bath, ANY toy given her, etc.

She's quite good and putting things in and out of her mouth.

As an experiment, I defrosted some EBM till it was slushy and fed it to her on a spoon. She LOVED it and now gets upset if she doesn't get some like this about 3 x/day. She sees it coming and gets all excited.

I know the guidline is 6 months, but do they mean by calendar? She's a chubby baby, too.

Tutter Tue 23-May-06 09:48:43

hi there. someone told me the other day they're thinking of changing the guidelines back again to 5 months. either way, a couple of weeks won't make much difference.

my hv agreed that i should get started at 22 weeks with ds - he had started to wake in the night, started to lose weight, and was showing an interest in food.

go with your gut feel, and take it slowly - let her enjoy some mashed banana, or a bit of pureed pear with ebm - bet she'll love it.

hth.

kipper22 Tue 23-May-06 09:50:05

i thought the guidelines were 6 months OR when the baby appears to have all the signs? I'm sure a bit of baby rice a couple of weeks early can't hurt. I started DS at 5 months and he absolutely loved it!

expatinscotland Tue 23-May-06 09:50:57

think i might puree some pear and add it to the 'slushy'.

she REALLY enjoyed that and didn't even get it all over herself. she slurped it all up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: