Talk

Advanced search

Do you offer food at the same time each day?

(8 Posts)
beckslovestimmy Sat 18-May-13 21:29:18

Just starting to think about weaning DD and wondering if I should offer her food at the same time each day? Really I'd like my husband to feed her because she won't take a bottle from him and I don't want her to get used to only me feeding her. My husband works shifts so is home at different times most days.

Passmethecrisps Sat 18-May-13 21:31:51

Sorry. No answers but shamelessly parking myself for some answers. DD has only had first tastes so no routine as yet.

HerrenaHarridan Sat 18-May-13 21:32:24

Realistically? With a small child?

Short answer, no!

HerrenaHarridan Sat 18-May-13 21:33:15

Sorry posted too soon.

Ime 6 month old babies routines tend to be fairly flexible, do it whenever is convienent!

beckslovestimmy Sat 18-May-13 22:03:12

Thank you Herrena, I was thinking it would be a pita to do it at the same time each daysmile

Passmethecrisps Sat 18-May-13 22:05:20

Excellent! Thank you as well.

Will relax for now

TheDetective Sat 18-May-13 22:05:45

No, I didn't do it at the same time. And didn't offer breakfast foods at breakfast etc.

Mostly we did around 10am, and it was fruit or veg puree. And then 5pm the same, but it wasn't set in stone, it was to fit around his naps and bottles.

minipie Sun 19-May-13 10:09:20

I'm trying to offer food about an hour or so after milk - if I do it right after milk she's not hungry, if it's too close to her next milk feed she may fill up on solids and take less milk.

i think timing is less of an issue with blw as less goes in! so less risk of the baby cutting down the milk feeds iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now