Talk

Advanced search

Is 16 month old eating too much?

(7 Posts)
Nyancat Sat 18-May-13 08:08:00

Not sure if this is the best place as dd is 16 months but I've been criticised by pils that dd is eating too much and wanted to see if what she eats is too much - grateful for an advice. She has always been quite adamant if she doesn't want anything and we never force her once she's indicated she doesn't want any more. Generally day looks like this

Milk when wakes
Breakfast - offered a weetabix, sometimes eats all, usually at least half. The odd time will eat maybe a small piece (1/4 slice) of toast or some raisins

Snack - fruit, maybe a handful of grapes or blueberries or some banana

Lunch - generally a sandwich, she would maybe eat a quarter of a sandwich, maybe a small yoghurt, some fruit or cheese.

Snack - if no yoghurt at lunch maybe a yoghurt and one or two breadsticks

Dinner - whatever we are having, so pasta, meat, veg

Milk before bed - offered 7oz, takes between 3 and 7 just depending.
She drinks water through the day

ShoeJunkie Sat 18-May-13 08:15:33

Sounds fine to me - DS is 15 months and will eat that or more. I think at that age they're pretty good at letting you know they're full.

CornishYarg Sat 18-May-13 09:08:52

Sounds fine to me. DS certainly puts away more than you've described unless he's under the weather. He's remained slim and is always on the go, so he must need the calories. As junkie says, as long as you follow their cues, they know when they've had enough and will let you go.

CornishYarg Sat 18-May-13 09:09:18

Sounds fine to me. DS certainly puts away more than you've described unless he's under the weather. He's remained slim and is always on the go, so he must need the calories. As junkie says, as long as you follow their cues, they know when they've had enough and will let you know.

Nicknamefail Sat 18-May-13 13:00:49

My almost 8mo eats this much except has milk in the pm rather than a snack. Your PIL are talking rubbish. Even if your dc was eating lots as long as the food is healthy all is fine.

notcitrus Sat 18-May-13 13:25:17

Sounds like dd who at 15 months is now out-eating my nearly-5yos!
Couple days ago basically as above plus whole banana and a biscuit before bed, same yesterday plus waking for feed in the night.
It'll calm down a bit soon.

Nyancat Sat 18-May-13 19:16:36

Thanks all, was just beginning to panic that I was giving her too much but she spends all day running about and is very clear if she's not hungry she won't eat. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now