Talk

Advanced search

BLW how to do fruit and vegetables

(9 Posts)
sharond101 Fri 17-May-13 22:06:49

DS will not eat any fruit or veg unless pureed and mixed with other foods. He picks anything I give him up and throws it away and so I think it's the slimy texture which he is averse to. How do you serve fruit up to your LO? My DS is 1 yr old next week.

Vividmemories Fri 17-May-13 22:39:00

Cut it into finger food, steam it or roast it, let it cool a little before serving.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 18-May-13 09:13:06

What do you do when he throws it away?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 18-May-13 09:13:44

Oh and how is he with things like soup, and spag Bol with veg mixed in?

sharond101 Sat 18-May-13 10:22:33

I normally give him a selection of things if offering finger foods like chicken pieces, sausages, toast fingers, small sandwiches, carrot batons, grapes etc. I usually give it back to him if he throws it away as he has a clean mat under his highchair but he ignores it or throws it away again. He eats veg in soup or meals the veg is within and fruit in custard or cereal but only if pureed or mashed in. he has been refusing alot of food lately though and seems too busy to eat and just wants to play. Fruit and veg as finger foods have always been an issue though and as when has a tooth coming through as he does at the moment he seems better at eating finger foods than taking a spoon. He did eat three baked beans off his highchair last night, not sure that really counts though.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 18-May-13 15:16:45

Have you tried just giving him a whole apple. If he throws food I wouldn't pick it up either, that sounds like a fun game for him. Just ignore but don't offer anything else.

sharond101 Sat 18-May-13 22:35:43

Haven't tried the apple no will give it a go in the morning.

Londonmrss Sun 19-May-13 07:45:35

I mash up and serve on a rice cake.

sharond101 Sun 19-May-13 22:00:34

The apple was sucked for a couple of seconds then set aside before trying again and setting aside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now