Talk

Advanced search

BLW first foods

(5 Posts)
leedy Thu 16-May-13 19:45:56

DS2 is just 6 months and am going to start offering some human foods for him to gnaw/wave/ignore - was thinking chip-shaped bits of fruit, cucumber, toast - any other ideas?

I did BLW with DS1 but appear to have blanked the first week or two entirely from my memory...

peanutbuttersarnies Thu 16-May-13 19:47:19

I found oven chips and pasta good.

birdofthenorth Thu 16-May-13 19:53:12

Breadsticks, steamed carrots and broccoli, cheese, crumpets, potato cakes, stuff on toast (humous, Philly, tomato based sauces etc).

Best of all whatever you're eating (torn into grabbabble strips where possible!)

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 16-May-13 21:17:52

We didnt do the introduce things gradually thing, I just could see the point with a baby over 6 months. Just give him what you are having smile

leedy Thu 16-May-13 22:31:48

Thanks folks, that's what I dimly remembered doing with DS1 - suspect I've been overthinking! DS2 got some cucumber sticks and a few pasta frills with tomato sauce on his tray at dinner time. A piece of cucumber was gummed thoughtfully once he managed to pick it up with a bit sticking out of the top of his fat fist, and everything else was prodded. It's a start...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now