Advanced search

11 month old, what happens now?

(5 Posts)
SwivelHips Tue 30-Apr-13 20:38:49

wow, another month and DS is 1, unbelievable. From mumsnet I learned food is for fun til 1, milk 1 hr before solids etc, we've also done blw which on the whole has been great (although tonights pork steak ended up on the floor, granted it was that tough even I struggled!!).
So as we approach 1 now what? E.g. this morning he dropped a milk feed (won't bore you) and out we went...didn't think of dehyrdration until I changed his nappy later and realised he hadn't wee'd much. I probably should now take out sippy cup with us? His afternoon feed he really didn't want, should I be giving snacks to replace? Should I be carrying snacks around with me now? And blimey what do you take as snacks? We dont really snack at the minute, bits of cheese, breadsticks etc if I'm cooking and need to distract him smile all mn wise words appreciated

LimeFlower Wed 01-May-13 10:33:17

<watches with interest>

We went to the playpark yesterday and I took a box for DS with 2 rusks in it and handful of blueberries.He started crying because I didn't let him to tip the contents out into the ground.One rusk ended up being rubbed into the ground.

DS also went off the water completely,sometimes not much wee in a nappy.I started thinking he either had some nightmares about drowning or has rabies thought we were on the safe side here as he pushes the sippy cup away,bottle is an alien and he's had a screaming fit in the bath since last week.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-May-13 21:12:57

Are you bfing? If so its entirely upto you if you want to start reducing feeds. Perhaps this is something you could through with a BFC? If you haven't got the numbers google the National Breastfeeding Helpline.

You can start offering food before solids now too so maybe breakfast followed by a quick feed?

We take a bottle of water everywhere. Used to be a sippy cup and now its a sports bottle.

As for snacks mine like fruit, cheese straws, basically anything they can eat on the go. There are some good suggestions here. Never done the rusk thing because of the sugar but that's just me smile

SwivelHips Sat 04-May-13 19:23:16

smile at your DS lime wanting to tip food on floor. yes I have one of those here.
JJJ only bf during the night now (against my will), during day now on bottles (back at work and he's at nursery, gah!!). So food followed by milk you think? I'll need to give some thought to snacks and really try and be more organised. I used to be so organised, everything all went to plan, lists galore. Now I'm a total dizzy bitch that doesn't know what day of the week it is <sighs>

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 04-May-13 19:45:04

If he's ff in the day you can ditch the bottles completely. The recommended minimum is 300ml of full fat cows milk per day from 12 to 24 months. If you are doing some bfs this doesn't apply although I can see why you would want to offer milk in the day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now