Talk

Advanced search

Help - Advice needed re spitting food!

(3 Posts)
supermum44 Wed 17-May-06 17:49:24

Does anyone have any advice. My 7 1/2 month old has hardly eaten anything today. I'm wearing most of his food as he seems to want to blow incessant rasberries and spray his food everywhere. Even his favourite foods are getting sprayed around. How can I stop this??

sparklemagic Wed 17-May-06 18:25:46

Is it possible his appetite is low due to teething or coming down with a cold?

If you think not, I would be inclined to stop feeding when the raspberries come. Say "Oh, you've had enough have you?". If it means he's hungry, then maybe this should lead to a slighty better attempt at his next meal!?

gingernutlover Thu 18-May-06 21:27:46

my dd did this for a while when she first leanred to blow raspeberries! She now has teeth and just wants to feel them with her fingers ALL he time - always something I guess but i find that sparklemagics suggestion works well, they soon realise what gets them food and what doesn't and if he is genuinely not hungry he wont eat (took me a lng time to accept this and stop obsessing about it though)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: