Talk

Advanced search

How quickly did you introduce cows milk at one year old?

(9 Posts)
springerspaniel Tue 16-May-06 21:27:05

LO is now totally on formula and solids. No boob milk. When he reaches 12 months, I will be introducing cows milk and gradually reducing his formula.

How did you all do it? He is on 4 bottles a day but it seems a bit sudden to simply swap one bottle for cows milk. Will he get diarrohea? Should I do 50/50 cows milk and formula?

BettySpaghetti Tue 16-May-06 21:33:15

I just gradually increased the amount of cows milk and reduced the amount of usual milk in each bottle.

eg: 6 oz usual/ 2 oz cows for a few days
then 4 oz usual / 4 oz cows for a few days etc etc

springerspaniel Tue 16-May-06 21:36:49

You mean you did actually mix them in the same bottle? Think that's what I'll do. Thanks.

Bellie Tue 16-May-06 21:41:56

I mixed formula and cows milk in the same bottle - gradually increasing the amount of cows milk over a week or so (or basically until my last tub of formula ran out!!)
HTH

Twiglett Tue 16-May-06 21:43:09

with DS I just ran out of formula and switched to cow's milk .. no problems at all

with DD I stopped bf at 10.5 months and she went straight on to cow's milk then

HTH

katylou25 Tue 16-May-06 21:48:48

I just switched straight from one to the other - but by 12 months was only having two bottles a day - no probs whatsoever.

LadyTophamHatt Tue 16-May-06 21:50:46

Just swapped, finished the tin of formula and went straight to cows milk.

No problems at all.

Seona1973 Wed 17-May-06 15:49:18

DD was only on 2 bottles at that age. I didnt mix the formula in the bottle but swapped one bottle at a time i.e. changed the morning bottle to cows milk first, gave it a few days to see she took it ok and then switched the night one too. She never seemed to notice the difference tbh!

springerspaniel Wed 17-May-06 21:01:06

Thanks guys. George won't mind. I was more concerned about his bottom. Runny bum is a nursery ban so wanted to do it carefully.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: