Talk

Advanced search

Best sippy cup recommendations

(8 Posts)
milkyman Wed 24-Apr-13 13:12:33

Hi,
Can anyone recommed an sippy cup for a 6mth old who has just started weaning? I bought a tommy tippee but he has to really suck on this and gets frustrated. They all seem to have major design flaws! He's got the hang of holding etc...

OddFrog Wed 24-Apr-13 13:31:01

I just use any cup with a free flow spout and supervise closely at this stage. It gets a bit damp! Had some success with the Avent bottle -to-cup thing. It has a soft spout and a bit inside you can use or remove to go from free flow to sucking. My DD really just enjoys a good chew... [not too helpful, sorry].

MrsOakenshield Wed 24-Apr-13 13:39:02

I had the bog standard Tommee Tippee one, freeflow with handles, but tbh she never drank much water until she was over one. DH bought her an emergency cup from Boots, it's Boots own brand, very basic, about £1, comes in very vibrant colours (sorry, can't find it on their website) and she started to drink loads, so we've stuck with that.

I used to fret so much about how little she drank, but my mum kept pointing out that all her food contained water in one way or another so she wouldn't get dehydrated!

Kyzordz Wed 24-Apr-13 16:01:15

LO uses tommee tippee classic cup thing, hv said it helps them to learn to sip as they don't suck them, it's just a plastic spout with holes in

ilovepowerhoop Fri 26-Apr-13 19:04:23

tommee tippee first cup worked for us - it is free flowing and has a flip up spout. You can also use it with the lid off as an open cup

Wildwaterfalls Sat 27-Apr-13 19:50:43

Tommy tippee free flow here as well. Finding anything else either too leaky or difficult to drink from.

Fairylea Sat 27-Apr-13 19:55:21

Tommy free flow here too. Ds is 11 months and hardly drinks anything though.. I keep offering!

McBaby Sun 28-Apr-13 09:50:56

Doidy cup works best for us my LO just can't work out supply cup but then she struggled with a bottle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now