Talk

Advanced search

am I giving DS too much cow's milk?

(5 Posts)
flipflopson5thavenue Wed 24-Apr-13 10:32:44

DS is 9 mo and we're doing BLW. He loves porridge and shovels it in by the fistful each morning. I make it with full fat cow's milk as I know they say its ok to give cow's milk if you're using it as a food rather than a drink. However he has porridge almost every morning and now I'm worried it's too much...

He's a yogurt fiend too and has lots of natural unsweetened yogurt.

Am I just worrying unnecessarily? I know I should probably have a bit more varied breakfast so will try to do that anyway.

What would be the problem if he was getting too much? Long term damage?????? Ok, now I AM being paranoid...

ClaimedByMe Wed 24-Apr-13 10:36:31

I think you maybe over thinking things.....although someone will probably along soon too tell us all the badness of cows milk.

Both my dc are and still are at 8 and 10 dairy addicts, fullfat milk, cheese, yoghurts, no ill effects yet..

ClaimedByMe Wed 24-Apr-13 10:37:10

were and still are*

ExBrightonBell Wed 24-Apr-13 11:33:46

Cows milk is fine! In food as you have described is no problem. There is nothing bad about cows milk any more than any other food stuff. The only proviso about cows milk is for it not to be given as the main drink whilst babies are under 1. This is because babies still need the nutrients in breastmilk or formula, which cows milk does not have.

flipflopson5thavenue Wed 24-Apr-13 11:35:12

thanks! He's still bf on demand so I know he's getting plenty of nutrients from that. Will carry on as we were :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now